2013 and 2014 GOLDEN HEART® Finalist

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Moonlight Magnolias and Magic

There she is... the Maggie Medallion.

I'm still recovering from the weekend's GRW Moonlight and Magnolias conference in Atlanta, and no, I did not overindulge. It's more of a delirious-joy-hangover situation.

First of all, it was an amazing conference with around forty workshops so good I wished I could clone myself and attend two at once. In case you're wondering, Julia Quinn is adorable. Next, I don't think I've ever met a nicer, more welcoming group of women. I can report that Southern hospitality is alive and well in Georgia. I made many new writer friends and benefitted from the advice and help of several of the established authors in the group. And it keeps getting better...

I got a chance to pitch again. Several chances actually, and it went ever so much better than my first pitching experience a few months ago. For the gory details on that,  go here... if you dare.

This time I was more prepared and received three requests for my full manuscript. I was ready to call it the perfect weekend at that, but wait-- there's more.

I WON A MAGGIE!  My paranormal romance Hidden Deep placed first in the unpublished YA category. It was announced at the awards banquet Saturday night. I cringe a little bit when I think of my effusive response on stage after receiving my award and hope everyone understands that it was only because I WON A MAGGIE!

Mine was the last category to be announced, and I ran out the door almost immediately afterward to visit with my lifelong best friend, whom I rarely get to see, and who'd been patiently waiting in her car for me outside the conference center for an hour at that point. But I want to say again to everyone associated with putting on this wonderful conference: thank you for everything. I'll be back! And, did anyone happen to find a glass slipper?

No comments:

Post a Comment